In our clinic, we use dental veneers for achieving high aesthetics of your smile. Because we strive for perfection in our work, our architects of a smile use the most modern materials to achieve perfectly beautiful and natural new smile for our patient. If you want to have a perfect smile and are looking for the best dental veneers, turn to us with confidence! We will thoroughly examine your dental state and make a precise therapy plan which will be created especially for you.Contact Us
Table of Contents
What Is a Dental Veneer?
To achieve an optimum ratio of firmness and high aesthetics, the material used for making veneers is ceramics.
- A dental veneer is a thin cover which helps to achieve high aesthetics with the minimal finishing of teeth substance.
- Veneers can change shape, width, and colour of the existing teeth and are usually put on the front, vital teeth.
- Dental veneer has both functional and aesthetic role, but also numerous advantages in comparison to other prosthesis work.
- They only cover the front part of teeth, so we have to remove much less dental surface when installing them.
- Dental veneer treatment is one of the most popular cosmetic treatments in dentistry around the world.
- The result after dental veneer treatment is a beautiful smile and pleased patient.
Types of Veneers
Porcelain veneers are thin pieces of porcelain used for recreating a natural look of a tooth, and additionally, they provide strength and resistance that can be compared to natural teeth enamel. A porcelain veneer is a rehabilitation tool that usually compensates for the frontal tooth surface, and they are a cosmetic dentistry tool. When it comes to veneer, porcelain is often material of choice for those patients who want to change small position alterations or for patients who want to change shape, size and/or colour of a tooth.
- The advantage of porcelain veneer is that it is almost impossible to notice the difference between porcelain veneer and natural tooth because porcelain veneer is specially formed for each patient
- With porcelain veneer, patient's natural teeth remain mostly intact
- If teeth whitening treatment isn't suitable for a patient, porcelain veneers can help
- They are recommended when little gaps between the teeth need to be filled
Before dental treatment with porcelain veneers, you will share your wishes and expectations with the dentist. He will determine if your dental state is suitable to be treated with porcelain veneers using detailed dental examination and various diagnostic procedures to get the expected smile.
When we apply porcelain veneers, we have to remove a small amount of original tooth enamel, usually a millimetre. This procedure is necessary because it creates adequate space so porcelain veneer can fit better; perform the natural function of a tooth, and to aesthetically look much better than a natural tooth.
A porcelain veneer is a very successful option in situations where a natural tooth is bad in colour, shape, and contour. In cases when we can't whiten the patient's teeth, porcelain veneers are an excellent option.
- Composite Veneers are usually used for fixing cosmetic problems with patient's teeth such as cracks and scrapes.
- Also, composite veneers can be used for attaching slightly distorted teeth and correcting smaller space between front teeth.
- Their longevity is limited to 5 to 7 years if you perform regular oral hygiene and go to regular check-ups with your dentist.
- Proper maintenance of composite veneers depends solely on the patient.
Composite Veneers VS Porcelain Veneers:
- Composite veneers are cheaper and quicker version of porcelain veneers
- Composite veneers are the less invasive way of restoring a beautiful smile
- Composite veneers can be finished in only one visit to the dentist, unlike porcelain veneers
- In comparison to porcelain veneers they don't look as natural
- Restoration and replacement of composite veneers is considerably cheaper in comparison to porcelain veneers
Emax (Lithium Disilicate) Veneers
- Emax (Lithium Disilicate) Veneers are nowadays presented as a technological standard of veneer production. Lithium Disilicate glass – ceramics is suitable for making veneers both on front and back teeth.
- Because they look natural and have excellent light-optic characteristics, this material gives extraordinary results.
- The material is extremely high quality and suitable for advanced CAD/CAM technology which gives teeth natural look and longevity.
- This type of veneers is extremely solid, and of high aesthetic, preparation is minimally invasive, and they last for a very long time.
Before and After
Photos of Veneers
Josipa came to our clinic for a regular check-up where we have presented a Digital Smile Design concept to her. After varieties of diagnostic procedures and presentation of her new smile, the patient has accepted a therapy which included endodontic, gingivoplasty and installation of zirconia ceramic crowns and veneers.
After Anja had gone through Digital Smile Design protocol, she saw her new smile and was left speechless. Her husband has fallen in love with her all over again. That reaction has shown us that we are on the right track on our journey to a perfect smile. Therapy for this patient has included the installation of dental implants, multicolour ceramic crowns, and veneers, endodontic and whitening.
Your Dental Holiday:
The Perfect Dental Treatment Abroad
Your journey to a new smile begins with coming to Zagreb. When you arrive we will drive you to one of our apartments where you have accommodation completely free of charge during your stay in our clinic. Before you visit the clinic, you have some time for yourself and to rest in an apartment.
When you arrive at our clinic for the first time we will do all the required diagnostics which includes CT, intraoral photography, professional photography and a video protocol which is needed for successful diagnostics.
After that, you will have initial conversations with our dental team about the treatment itself and your expectations, needs, and wishes.
The following day starts with your arrival to the photo studio where we will shoot a "before" video.
After that we will accompany you to the clinic where we will make a 3d model of your new smile - a mockup which allows our dental implantologists to transfter the obtained design on your actual teeth.
While you are resting for a while, our experienced photographers will make a video of "New You". Upon arriving to the studio one more time, you will be presented an "after" video where you have a chance to meet the "New You".
The third day of your stay is organised based on your plan of going back home. At this point you have become a member of our Digital Smile Academy community where you will spend many memorable moments.
Our experience has shown that you will bring, from our community, a new smile, new emotion and new personality, as well as many nice moments and memories from this unique journey.
I almost didn’t have any teeth left. These ones are all white, original and I can again eat, drink anything. I don’t know what to say but they are just so perfect, so beautiful.Everybody was so nice and helped me out a lot. I would never have believed that I could get teeth like these. It’s been the best thing in my life… my ticket to Croatia!
All of the experience was amazing. Nice people and great work! I will remember this forever and I will be happy with my new teeth for the rest of my life!
What Makes DSA Different
than Other Dental Clinics?
Digital Smile Academy is the leading clinic for implantology and prosthetics in Croatia with excellent dentists whose knowledge is based on more than 25 years of experience, during which they have had more than 60 000 patients. Foundation of Digital Smile Academy is constant education and learning from extraordinary professionals who help us focus on making our visions into the future by mentoring us.
Efficacy of installing dental implants in our clinic is 98 %, and if patients follow the advice given by our dentists regarding oral hygiene and regular check-ups, we offer a lifelong guarantee of installed dental implants.
Digital Smile Design
Digital Smile Academy's work is based on Digital Smile Design (DSD), modern dental rehabilitation planning process that enables detailed planning of the treatment for the therapist, and the real insight into what is to be achieved by creating a prosthetic work, for the patient. DSD is a digital smile design which helps us create a provisionary look of a new smile in patient's mouth.
Apart from Digital Smile Design, Digital Smile Academy's work is based on an entirely digital protocol of oral rehabilitation which can be carried out wholly using digital technology. We can get finished prosthesis work omitting standard procedures like collecting imprints and probations, just by collecting our data digitally, using dental photography and scanning patient's existing condition. This has decreased the number of patient's visits, and digital technology has enabled achieving the natural look of a tooth.
In our clinic, we try to offer the best prices to our patients, and the final price differs from case to case. Every patient is approached individually; every therapy is planned especially for each person depending on their dental state, and that is why the total cost is different from patient to patient. Price of treatment includes the first free check-up, consultations with dentists and free of charge 3D CBCT which is the most advanced RTG diagnostics.
During the treatment, we offer free accommodation, which contributes to significant savings. We are significantly cheaper compared to other clinics around Croatia.
Veneers are thin covers which are used to achieve high aesthetics with the minimal finishing of tooth substance. Veneers can change shape, width, and colour of existing teeth and are usually placed on the front, vital teeth.
After veneers are placed on patient's teeth, it is essential that patient comes to regular check-ups to his dentist so that a dentist can keep track of veneer's condition, as well as the overall patient's dental condition. Longevity of veneers is approximately five years, but with regular oral hygiene and regular check-ups, the durability of veneers can be considerably longer.
There is a possibility of a specific money refund. Before coming for a treatment, you should consult NHS.
Veneers do not come off easily.
Whitening gels do not function well with veneers. For veneers to match other teeth, they would have to be replaced.
Veneers won't ruin your existing teeth if an experienced dentist installs them. Like with other dental treatments, the result depends on patient's regular and correct oral hygiene and regular check-ups with the dentist. Before veneers are installed your dentist will thoroughly examine you and determine your dental state. They will also do a variety of diagnostic procedures and tell you if you are a candidate for veneers. If you are not a candidate, they will offer you an alternative.
When you arrive in Zagreb, we will drive you to our apartment where you have accommodation free of charge during your stay with us. After a well-earned rest, you will visit our clinic. At the end of your stay with us, we will drive you to the airport or bus/train station, depending on how you have decided to travel home.